Monday, April 4, 2011

Magnetic Pen Holder


Oh, Martha Stewart, you think you're so fancy with your vintage tins. And how you turn your fancy vintage tins into extra fancy refrigerator pen holders. And all I have is this old mint tin.

(Cue Beastie Boys) KICK IT! 

I took off the lid:

And measured out some paper to match my desktop organizer:



And Mod Podged away:


 And folded around:

Like so: 



I made little cuts in the corners and folded the top in:

And folded the bottom around: 

So it looked like this: 

And then I added some little beaded sticker embellishments:


And a magnet:

But that wimpy little magnet wasn't strong enough to hold the tin when it was holding pens. 
So I plastered the back of that sucker with magnet tape:


And it became the little tin that could:


I went all out and bought some extra fancy pens at the Dollar Tree:


And I put it next to my favorite little desktop organizer:


Vintage tin? I don't need no stinkin' vintage tin.

All I need is a used mint tin and my trusty crafting supplies!

14 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Doing it! xo

4kidsgrandma said...

You are so darned clever, Darcy Lee!

Domesblissity said...

I love this idea Darcy! I've got a few of those tins and wondered what I could do with them. I have laminated reminders on the fridge and always have to go digging through the drawer for a pen. Thanks heaps!

http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

I love this! What a fun, useful tutorial.

Karima said...

I am your newest follower/s from Tip Me Tuesday. My blogs are:
www.karimascrafts.com
and
www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com
Would love if you could follow back, Karima.
I am following through GFConnect

I Love this post, I think I will try this one soon!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Well, if that isn't the cutest thing! I love it. I never can grab a pen quick enough even though the drawer with all my pens is near the phone having one or two always hanging on my fridge would be ideal. Totally going to have to give this a try.

www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Unknown said...

how creative ^.^ i love it!!

Unknown said...

ps-i am hosting a rad giveaway, a BIKINI by an up'n coming desginer from Mexico! super easy & right on time for spring/summer! ^.^ xo

Everyday Art said...

Ha! Fabulous craft and fun post too. :) Lovin' all sorts of your stuff! :)

Charity said...

It is so stinkin cute!!!!!! I love this idea, you have inspired me. Thank you for sharing.

Cha Cha

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Love this!

ps - you crack me up! I'm your newest follower :)

Hoo's Crafty! said...

ha ha! I LOVE IT!!!!! Martha got nothing on you. hehehehehheh

vivi b. said...

oh how cute is that~ i wanna make one!

www.theblogforbrides.com

Artsnark said...

super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...