Monday, December 6, 2010

On Changing One's Name and Other Cuteness

Peyton and Ella were getting ready for bed a couple of nights ago when Ella made an important life decision.

Ella: "Mommy, I want to switch my name."

Me: "Okay, what do you want it to be?"

Ella: "Hello Kitty. Is that okay?"

Me: "Sure."

Peyton: "That's going to be a long name. I would just stick with Ella."

Ella: "Okay. That's long, so I'll pick Peyton."

Peyton: "No, Ella. You can't borrow my name. Right Mommy?"

Me: "That's true. Only Peyton gets his name."

Ella: "Why? Okay, never mind. All I want to pick is Hello Kitty or Rattlesnake."

Peyton: "Ella, Rattlesnake is too long. And it would be hard to write."

Ella: "Okay. I'll pick Hello Kitty."

Peyton: "Can I call you Kitty for short?"

Ella: "Sure! Sure Peyton! How about Hello Kitty Ruff Ruff?"

Me: "Okay. Why do you want to change your name? You don't like the name Ella anymore?"

Ella: "I do like it, but I just want a change."

Peyton: "Is it because Ella is funny and she's naughty a lot and she cries at the park?"

Ella: "No Peyton! My nickname is going to be Ruff."

Then she left the room to make her big announcement: "Daddy! I'm changing my name to Hello Kitty Ruff!"



The End




And, in related cuteness news, Ella gets sad when Peyton goes to school. She misses him a lot. Last night Peyton borrowed a piece of her stationery, wrote a little note on it, and taped it up on the mirror for her to find in the morning: 



I KNOW! ADORABLE!

7 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

I totally approve of Hello Kitty Ruff - that's my girl! And that Peyton is going to break some major hearts when he's a teen. Watch out girls!! xo

Cap Creations said...

How sweet! Sounds like a great boy you got there!

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

That is toooo stinkin' cute for words!! xo -lisa

lfhpueblo said...

Better watch out, the honey bees are going to start hanging around your house because there's a lot of sweetness going on inside it.

Paula said...

That is seriously sweet!

pink_suspenders said...

oh your kids are so adorable! My bf calls me Kitty just because each time he comes home, I always hide from him like a cat would hehe

Peyton is so sweet, I love that note!

Jone Martin said...

We should get to know about, What is GMB

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...