Saturday, October 24, 2009

Broccoli and Bow Tie Pasta

I just love this pasta dish. It's simple and fresh and delicious.

I originally got the recipe from Ina Garten (you can find her version here), but I changed it up a little bit. And sometimes, when I feel like living on the razor's edge, I add the broccoli to the pasta water while the pasta is cooking. I think it's fun to try to time it so both the pasta and the broccoli is done at exactly the same time. I'm serious. I think it's fun. Every single time I add the broccoli into that boiling pasta water I get a smile on my face. I'm a wild woman in the kitchen - watch out!


Broccoli and Bow Ties

Kosher salt

4 cups broccoli florets

1 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 clove garlic, chopped

1 lemon, zested

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

1/2 cup toasted pignoli (pine) nuts

Freshly grated Parmesan

Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon. Place in a large bowl and set aside.

In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions. Drain well and add to the broccoli.

Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and lemon juice and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with the pine nuts and cheese, and serve.

To toast pine nuts, place them in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat and cook, tossing often, for about 5 minutes, until light brown.

Serves: 4


Enjoy!




3 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I want this! Make it for me. NOW! xoxo

The Little Miss said...

looks so good!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Mia said...

Great post thankyyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...